Updated: Dec 10, 2018
· 8 oz. Pasta
· 1 lb. Graze The Prairie Ground Lamb
· 1 ¼ teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
· 1 teaspoon Cumin
· 1 teaspoon Coriander
· 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
· ¼ - ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or Chili Flakes
· ½ teaspoon Fennel Seeds
· 2 Table Spoons Avocado or Olive Oil (divided)
· 4 Garlic Cloves- Rough Chopped
· 2 Cups Lunch Box Peppers or 1 Red Bell Pepper
· ¼ Cup Kalamata Olives- cut in half lengthwise
· 1 Bunch Chopped Parsley
· Lemon Zest
Start your water for your pasta, and cook according to directions. Strain and set aside.
While pasta is cooking make the sausage. Place ground lamb, salt and spices in a medium bowl and mix well. (Wet hands make this easier). In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Using wet hands divide lamb into 16 pieces. Drop into pan and brown on all sides turning heat down if necessary. When done, place cooked lamb on a paper towel.
Add another tablespoon of oil, return to medium heat and add the lunchbox peppers. Cook 2-3 minutes add garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes until peppers are soft and garlic is golden and fragrant. Add sausage, pasta, olives and a drizzle of oil to keep pasta from sticking to the pan. Warm through and season with salt, pepper and chili flakes if desired.
Stir in fresh parsley and lemon zest right before serving.
This recipe serves 4 people and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.